Governmental Affairs Scorecard
Click on a topic to show details...
- Programs Spotlighting Industry Issues
- Via the Developers Council, the Association has presented timely programs on important industry issues such as transportation, residential markets, state legislation, storm water, NIMBYism, and the time payment of impact fees.
- Senior Staff Meetings
- HBA assisted in the healthy exchange of ideas and information between local governments and the homebuilding industry via special meetings with senior staff from Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties and numerous cities.
- HBA Participates on Key Advisory Boards
- HBA members played an active role on government advisory boards that impact the homebuilding industry, including County Code Enforcement Boards, Development Advisory Boards, and numerous ad hoc committees on specific issues such as inclusionary zoning, workforce housing, and impact fees.
- HBA Lobbies Legislative Leaders in Tallahassee
- Traveling to Florida's Capitol, Association leaders met privately with central Florida legislators to advocate industry legislation during each Legislative Session.
- HBA Lobbies Congressional Delegation
- While attending the NAHB Spring Board of Director’s meeting in Washington, D.C., Association leaders successfully lobbied our Congressional Delegation on national housing issues.